Blogging has never been more popular. It’s amazing way to share information, tutorials or if you just want to pour your heart out to your audience. Blogging is a unique way of connecting with your readership and can be a fantastic way to build trust with a visitor when promoting products from affiliate programs on your blog.
It builds a relationship with your visitors in a way that no other form of internet strategy can match.
Blogging is a way you can connect and build a relationship with your reader as well as generate an income.
Here are five blogging tips if you’re new to the blogging space and want to get stuck in:
There is no “correct way” to approach blogging. That’s what makes it so awesome. Everyone has their own unique twist to how they create and structure content. Ofcourse there are many things you can do to improve the quality of your content….
- Know Your Audience – your audience is the most important part of your blog. Without an audience, you’ll be the only one looking at those blog posts you spent ages writing. Before creating a blog, it is essential that you know what your target avatar is. What kind of person are you trying to attract? Your content should be tailored to a specific audience. Maybe it is people that are interested in marketing or something much more specific like middle-aged dads who are into basketball. Picking a niche and sticking to it is one of the best things you can do in your blog. When you niche down you can become a expert in that particular field. When you’re an expert, everyone wants to know what you have to say!
- Write For Yourself – This may seem like the opposite of what I just wrote above but you should strike a balance between targeting a specific audience and writing for yourself. Being yourself is what puts the unique twist to the blogs that you write. The last thing you want to do is copy someone else! You’re an original, not a carbon copy of something!
- Build Your Email List – This is something you should definitely adopt from the start of your blogging campaigns. Building a list is one of the best ways for you to grow your readership. It also provides an avenue for you to continue providing content and offer your products and services.
- Build Amazing CTA’s – For those of you who are new to the marketing space, a CTA is a Call To Action. It is something that drives a customer to complete a certain action. This could be you offering a white paper or a free video training series to your visitors. Finish your blog post with a call to action. People are completely blind to sidebars and banners nowadays so you need to use other methods to build your email list.
- Give away FREE stuff! – Who doesn’t like free stuff? Offering valuable content for free is an awesome way for you to build a relationship with your reader. This is a great way to attract loyal fans to your blog. Give away so much value they start crying tears of joy!